Strawberry Chia Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Sweets
- 1 flax egg, 1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour, I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (cornstarch alternative)
- 1 scoop grass-fed collagen, optional I use Wellthy Collagen
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl mix flax egg together and let sit for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, cashew butter, vanilla extract. Whisk together until well incorporated.
- Then stir in the dry ingredients- almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, collagen, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix until a dough is formed.
- Using a tablespoon scoop out cookie dough and roll them into 12 balls and place them on prepared baking sheet. Lightly flatten the cookies and use your thumb or the rounded back of the teaspoon and gently press an indent in the center of each cookie.
- Scoop jam into each thumbprint and fill it to the brim. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
*If making heart shapes refrigerate dough for 1 hour or freeze dough for 15 minutes. Between two pieces of wax paper roll out cookie dough and cut out heart shapes. If cookies get too soft freeze them for a few more minutes. Place cookies on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for an additional 10 minutes. (This ensures the cookies keep their shapes when baking).
Keywords: thumbprint cookies, strawberry chia jam cookies, sugar cookies, vegan cookies, gluten free cookies, jam thumbprint cookies, valentines day cookies
Leave a Reply