Soy-Free Cashew Chicken
Skip the take-out and make this 30-minute Cashew Chicken. It has juicy chicken, crisp-tender vegetables, and crunchy cashews.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Mains
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: soy-free
- 1 pound organic chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ of a zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ⅔ cup raw cashews
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (soy sauce alternative)
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, melted
- 4 teaspoons arrowroot powder (cornstarch alternative)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional for more spice
- In a small bowl stir in all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat avocado oil over medium-high heat. Once hot add chicken and spread them out evenly so the chicken can brown. Cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Remove chikcen and set aside.
- In the same hot skillet add chopped onion, red bell pepper, broccoli, zucchini, green onions, cashews and a pinch of salt. Sauté until crisp-tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken back into the skillet with minced garlic and ginger. Stir and cook for 30 seconds, until garlic is fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low and pour in sauce. Stir for 2 minutes until liquid starts to bubble and thicken. Serve over rice.
Keywords: cashew chicken, soy free chicken, cashew chicken stir fry, cashew chicken sauce
Leave a Reply