QFC (Quarantine Fried Chicken)
This gluten-free pan fried crispy chicken taste just like KFC, but healthy! Each piece is extra crispy, juicy, and drizzled with raw local honey.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Mains
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: gluten-free
- 1 pound organic chicken breast, cut in half and tenderized
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 can of aquafaba, liquid in chickpeas or use an egg
- 2 cups of crackers, (I used Simple Mill's Cracked Black Pepper Crackers)
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, or 1 tsp dry oregano
- Raw honey, for drizzling
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper, plus more if needed
- To tenderize chicken wrap chicken in plastic wrap or place chicken in a ziplock bag. Use a mallet to pound the chicken until it is an even thickness throughout. Remove wrap and season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a food processor add crackers, ground flax, raw cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic salt, oregano and ¼ tsp salt. Blend until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the aquafaba and bread crumb mixture into 2 separate bowls. Use tongs and dip the chicken into the aquafaba, making sure to coat the entire chicken and allowing any excess liquid to drip off. Then place the chicken into the bread crumb mixture and coat completely. Set onto a clean plate and repeat until all the chicken is breaded.
- In a large skillet heat avocado oil on medium-high heat. Once hot add breaded chicken and cook each side until golden brown and crispy.
Be sure not to overcrowd the pan, leaving space between each piece of chicken. Work in batches if needed.
Keywords: healthy fried chicken, gluten free fried chicken, crispy chicken
Leave a Reply