Pineapple Fried Rice
Quick and easy fried rice that is great for dinner, lunch or leftovers. It's savory and has the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Mains
- Method: Sautéing
- Cuisine: soy free
- 1 cup white or brown rice, cooked and chilled
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florlets
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut aminos (soy sauce alternative)
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus more if needed
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp coconut oil on medium-high heat. Once hot add chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same hot skillet add the remaining coconut oil, onion and broccoli. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until onions are translucent and broccoli is slightly tender. Then add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in rice, sesame oil, raw cashews, coconut aminos, turmeric, and red pepper flakes. Fry rice until sauce is reduced and rice becomes slightly crispy. Then add in your fresh pineapple and raisins until pineapple is heated through. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Lastly add pineapple and raisins. Cook for 2 miniutes or until pineapple is heated through. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Keywords: fried rice, soy free fried rice, quick and easy fried rice
Leave a Reply