Lemon Lavender Cookies
Perfect cookies for the summer and citrus season. They are soft, absolutely delicious, and free of gluten, dairy and refined sugar.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour, also known as tapioca starch
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + the zest of a whole lemon
- 1 drop lemon essential oils, optional
- 1 tablespoon culinary grade dried lavender
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar, for dusting cookies (I used Swerve )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add dry ingredients- almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt. Then stir in your wet ingredients- lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla extract, and lemon essential oil. Then fold in the dried lavender.
- Roll dough into 12 balls and place cookies on prepared baking sheet. Lightly flatten cookies and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely before dusting them with powdered sugar.
Keywords: vegan cookies, gluten free cookies, lemon cookies, lemon lavender cookie
Leave a Reply