Creamy Cauliflower And Leek Soup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: dairy free
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large leek or 3 small leeks, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florlets
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch of pepper, plus more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchement paper.
- Add cauliflower and leeks to prepared pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 25 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- In a large pot add olive oil and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant, then add cauliflower, leeks, vegetable broth, cashews, and thyme. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Coverad and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove thyme sprigs and transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture back into the pot and stir in lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and red pepper flakes. Taste and adjust salt and pepper and enjoy!
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
Keywords: Creamy Cauliflower And Leek Soup, soup recipes, winter soup, Cozy soup recipe
Leave a Reply